Bad Grammar II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BIBLE - aka - POSTING FOR DUMMIES

Go down

THE BIBLE - aka - POSTING FOR DUMMIES Empty THE BIBLE - aka - POSTING FOR DUMMIES

Post  Admin Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I) THOU SHALT STAY IN CHARACTER.
That's right, this is a roleplaying board. That means if you are actively engaging in a roleplay, your posts in active roleplay threads should remain IN CHARACTER. No OOC bullshit.

II) THOU SHALT EXPLAIN THYSELF.
Okay, so for every rule there is an exception. Here it is. The only time it is appropriate to post non-character information in your active roleplay thread post is if your character does or says something that requires explination. Such as: if your character speaks a language other than English (or "common"). Then it is appropriate for you to *add one of these, and notate the bottom of your post with a translation or some shit.

III) THOU SHALT NOT GOD-MODE.
Nobody - I repeat: nobody - likes a god-mode character that simply brushes aside all of the other characters on the forum and establishes themselves as the ruler of the fucking world. You know the type - nothing that anyone else posts affects them. Don't do that shit. Or we will come after you and god-mode your ass off the board.

IV) THOU SHALT POST IN PARAGRAPHS.
Nobody wants to wait for 12 hours to check their forum, see a new post, get all excited in anticipation for what new actions have arisen... and then discover a little rabbit turd of a post with no content and no action.

What's that? You don't know how to post that much information? Here's a little helper for you:
1) React to all applicable actions/conversation in the previous post. This doesn't mean that you have to react to EVERY SINGLE THING in the post, just the newest stuff that requires action. Basically, the point here is to acknowledge, not just blow through like a tumbleweed.
2) Reconnaissance - remember where the story is going, and think about how to propel the story forward.
]i]3) Action time! Now it's your turn for your character to do something to help get the story's fire going so that you can propel this buggy into fun-town. If your character doesn't act, just sits around like a bump on a log or agrees with everyone else, then the next person to post will have nothing to react to, and the roleplay will either get stale, or one player will do all of the leading, and that's no fun.[/i]

V) THOU SHALT ACT UNDER PAGE FIVE REGULATIONS.
In a nutshell: play like you've got a pair. Play hard, and play fair, but be willing to put it all out on the table and do it right if you are going to do it at all.

That's all I think I need to post for now, but if someone is being a major fuck-up, we reserve the right to update this set of rules, and any other rules, at our whim. So there.

Admin
Admin

https://bgii.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum